Between 8 – 15″
- 8″ inches is great for regular small paperbacks
- 14″ inches is good for large books and gives you room to pull the book out from the top corner
- 15″ is big enough to comfortably store your vinyl records (not books, I know)
Between 7 – 10″ inches
- 7″ inches is enough for small books
- 10″ inches is enough room for almost any large book
Yes. They are (semi) non-disposable household items that provides spacial and utilitarian value. Furniture is unique in that it helps shape spaces into places.
There is no difference between a bookshelf and a bookcase. None.